Starting a new jogging habit as a beginner can be quite overwhelming for a beginner. If you are feeling a little nervous or even intimidated by the idea of starting to run, don’t panic, this is very normal as it is something new and unknown. Instead of starting habits blindly, it is very important to know more about running. Here are the basics about jogging and how to help get you started towards your goals and dreams.
Before taking your first steps, here are some essential basics to get to know yourself better.
- Have the medical green light to run
- How to warm up and cool down
- How to breathe while running
- Methods how to run / walk
- Safety tips for the race
- Basic Racing Rules – Racing Ethics
- 10 common racing mistakes
- How to buy the right running shoe
- Tips for running in hot weather
- Tips for running in cold weather
- 7 essentials for running
Frequently Asked Questions for Beginner Runners
It is very normal to have several questions when you start to run and start new running habits. Here are some questions and answers for new runners.
- Where Should I Run?
- How can I overcome my fear of running in public?
- Can I walk during my runs?
- When does the race get easier?
- What should I wear to run?
- How do I get rid of my cramps?
- When can I run with pain?
Training programs for beginner runners
When you start to run, it pays to follow a training program. Here are some training programs designed for beginners.
Learn to run?
5 km for beginners?
10 km for beginners?
Half marathon and beginner marathon?
- Half-marathon run / walk training program
- Beginner runner half marathon
- Marathon run / walk training program
- Beginner runner marathon
Basics for running with a treadmill
Several new runners are starting to run with a conveyor belt . There are several benefits of running on a treadmill, such as not having to worry about the temperature or the time of day. Here are some basics about running on a treadmill.
- Common treadmill running mistakes
- Fight the boredom of a treadmill
- Advice for running on a treadmill
- Treadmill vs outdoor running
Nutrition and hydration for beginner runners
A runner’s diet is not only important for maintaining good health, it is also for optimizing performance at the top. Whether you are training for weight loss, for a run, or for fitness, you need to have advice about what you eat and drink.
- Should I eat before a race?
- Best and Worst Foods Before a Race
- Healthy snacks for runners
- Hydration needs for runners
- Should I eat after a race?
- Can I get cramps when drinking water?
- Should I quench my thirst with sports drinks?
Stretching after a little warm-up and after our runs can help prevent injury. Here are some basics about stretching.
Maintaining our motivation is difficult for any runner, especially for beginners. Discover some tips and advice to keep you inspired to keep running
- Tips to stay motivated to run
- Get out of your running habits
- How to avoid burning yourself from running
- Best excuses not to run
- Motivational Running Quotes
- 7 ways to stay motivated to run
- Mental strategies for your long runs
- How to find a running partner
- How to start running again
Beginner runner faqs
More tips for beginner runners
This post is also available in: Français (French)